Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring is here!

This past winter was very busy for KBShimmer. I did a few shows around Christmas, participated in one of our winter market dates, and spend a good two months living in my packing area shipping out online orders for Christmas gifts.

Now that spring seems to be upon us, it is time to start thinking about craft show season. For us, the first one this year is the Bloomington Handmade Market on April 7th. I attended the fall show and it was one of my best, so I am really looking forward to this one.




Bloomington Handmade Market is a juried show that only allows handmade artists. This means that you will find unique goods all made by small business owners like myself. No one will be pushing Mary Kay or Tupperware here!

Head over to the site to see who else will be attending and to find out more details.

Bloomington Handmade Market

In preperation for the show, I am spending this week packing up soap, making scrubs and nail polish, and labeling lip balms. During the winter rush, I ran out of everything I had pre-packed, so it will be nice to have products ready to pull for orders again, not to mention ready for future shows and markets.

If I can get that all done, I want to spend sometime outside. Many of my spring blubs are blooming, color is popping up all around my yard, and I have had little time to enjoy them. I did manage to snap a few pictures before the mower removed the weeds, so enjoy!

Even weeds can be pretty.

These are all around my neighbors yard, so pretty.

I can not believe that March already has our blubs blooming.

Looks like our lilacs will have nice blooms this year!

No comments: